The archives is attempting to capture information about those who once lived in the community, their homes, and cultural and newsworthy events through time. Locally, there are a number of other institutions and repositories with materials related to the history of Takoma Park and Takoma, D.C.
- Montgomery County Historical Society
- Prince Georges County Historical Society Library
- Historical Society of Washington, D.C.
- Maryland Historical Trust
- National Register of Historic Places
- Maryland Historical Society
- Silver Spring Historical Society
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Library
- Association of Professional Genealogists, National Capital Area Chapter
Archives and Libraries
- National Archives
- Library of Congress
- Maryland State Archives
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, Washingtoniana Division
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Montgomery County Archives
- Takoma Park Branch Library
- Takoma Park Maryland Library
- Montgomery County Library, Rockville
- City of Takoma Park, Building Permits
- Historic Preservation Commission of Montgomery County
- Montgomery County Free Public Records Directory
- Register of Wills, Montgomery County, Maryland
Search the ArchivesThe physical archives are temporarily unavailable until we complete the renovation of our new building on Carroll Avenue..
However, a sampling of the archive material is available online.